Monday, December 19, 2005

 

We're Doomed...We're Doomed!!

I just got off the phone with Chicken Little, aka Irene. Irene has worked herself into a complete state of panic over the possibility of the Bird Flu coming to our metropolitan area. Apparently, Irene was up all last night listening to a radio program warning of the flu's arrival, which then prompted her to get up and do some research on it on the internet...all at 3:00 am. Irene's on a mission now...there's no stopping Irene from finding an antidote...I do believe there is a puzzle piece missing from Irene's brain.

How does this affect Suburban Warrior? Well, Irene is insisting I implement some type of action plan for when this outbreak occurs. Uh, ok...but can I just get through this pregnancy first? It's hard to implement any type of action plan when one is ordered on bedrest by one's obgyn. And will SW's husband initiate a plan? His approach to stay safe is "just don't kiss any chickens". It's like after 9/11...I had to purchase the duct tape AND the plastic wrap AND the extra batteries AND the flashlights AND the water AND the transistor radio AND the First Aid Kit AND all the Rubberemaid containers to hold all of our stored emergency food for the home and car (which I often raid when I find myself short on food when friends drop by unannounced)!! And I won't even mention the bomb shelter I started digging...Yes, Suburban Warrior does it all. But this Bird Flu threat? My hands are tied. And do you think Irene could/would help me in this type of emergency? PUH-LEASE! She has us all dead within minutes of the first infected bird entering North American airspace.

Anyhoo, what are we to do?

Hey, why did the chicken cross the road? To infect Irene...

Comments:
please don't get me started on the bird flu...I am with Irene! I know one thing, me and my kids will be moving in with SW and her family. Times like this, we all need to stick together, right Sissy??!! Meggy
 
Meggy,
If it doesn't work out to live with Kelli, you could always bunk with your inlaws!
 
Better yet Meggy, I hear there is lots of room available in Bridgeville, PA!
 
Sending Irene and SW wishes for a blessed and grace-filled Christmas Season and a New Year full of peace!

"A Christmas thought:
Among the things I received at Christmas as a child was one gift I did'nt leave behind in my childhood. This gift had no price tag, and, in fact, it could not be bought for any amount of money. It was the priceless gift of love. Love is a gift anyone can give. And more and more in these days of economic difficulty, love is a gift we need to give each other. " (Sr. Ancilla Christine, Daughters of St. Paul)
 
Very nice MUSH - here's a couple of verses from one of my favorite songs.

"Love, Love changes everything:
Hands and faces, Earth and sky.
Love, Love changes everything:
How you live and How you die.

Love, Can make the summer fly,
Or a night seem like a lifetime.

Yes, Love,
Love changes everything,
Brings you glory, Brings you shame.
Nothing in the World will ever
Be the same.

Off, Into the world we go.
Planning futures, Shaping years.
Love, bursts in, and suddenly
All our wisdom Disappears.

Love, Makes fools of everyone:
All the rules, We make are broken.
Yes, Love, Love changes everyone.
Live or perish, In its flame.
Love will never, Never let you
Be the same."
 
Very nice back at you Mr. SW. Is that from Phantom?
 
"If you love something set it free. If it comes back to you, make sure it doesn't have the avian flu before you take it back in again."
 
MUSH, it is from "Michael Crawford Performs Andrew Lloyd Webber." The identity of the Phantom still remains a mystery.
 
"Michael Crawford Performs Andrew Lloyd Weber" .... is that PG-13?
 
MUSH - You are one Funny Person!! We miss you at Mickey D's.
 
Ahem .. sw, it's been 10 days.
 
Why does everyone continue to beat this dead warrior? If she were the canary in the mine sniffing out bird flu, we'd all be goners. She's been catatonic since two weeks into this so-called blog.
 
Please SW, please write some more. Certainly your family holiday gatherings provided you with a wealth of writing material.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?