Wednesday, March 30, 2005

 

How Long Has That Been There?

My mom always warned me that as we age our faces will get hairier and our bodies will dry up.

Well...I'm sitting in my car at a red light, an unusually long red light. Hmmm...how should I spend the time? I can't think of a better way than to flip down the mirror and study myself (FYI: you get the best lighting in your car). After I got over the initial shock of realizing my pores were bigger than those of Edward James Olmos, I saw something that had previously escaped me...a hair was growing directly out of my adam's apple!! A jet black hair at that! What the? How long has that stray hair, no, STRAY ROPE been growing there? How long have I been parading around town with my long friend? Oh, great, in the last week I've been socializing with family members I haven't seen in a year...and none of them said a thing!! Thanks! It's a wonder I didn't strangle myself in my sleep with that thing! I guess its begun...

Speaking of facial hair...doesn't every family have some female hairy faced relative?? I know we did...and her name was Aunt Sis. Poor Aunt Sis...it wasn't just hairy, it was stubble. How does that happen? Aunt Sis' sister, my grandmother, had a face as smooth as a baby's bottom...but not Aunt Sis!! My sisters and I hated to kiss her and, unfortunately, Aunt Sis was a big one for hugs and kisses. As we got older, we secretly referred to her as Uncle Sis. The only thing I can think of is that at some point in her life, Aunt Sis must have taken a razor to her puss...and we all felt that ramifications of that mistake years later.

Now I'm just waiting to dry up...

Comments:
My only advice is DO NOT use Nair to take care of stray hairs above the neck. You end up with a much bigger problem than you started with - YOWCH!!
 
I saw that thing growing out of your neck, but I din't know it was a hair...I thought you were wearing a scarf.
HJ
 
Don't let your fugliness get you down. You are still a good person inside, underneath all that hair.
-Irene
 
You know that hair is a result of you having to spend time at Harry John's house. He probably glued it on you while you were sleeping!
 
Can you say, "Shave and a hair cut?"
 
Yeah I get those "billy goat hairs" too, and if you don't pluck it or shave it, it will grow down to your belly button. The thing that sucks is it just keeps growing back, only thicker. There's some comedian that prefers to refer to tham as "stray eyebrow hairs"...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?