Friday, February 02, 2007

 

She's Here!!

Grace Ann arrived last night...SCREAMING IN TRUE FAMILY FORM!

Anyhoo, I'm not too pleased with the name of the child. Aunt Meggy wanted to name her "Kelli" after the Warrior, but Harry John refused because, in his words, "I have a bad association with that name" (as if anyone with the name Harry John should be picky on names...). To be perfectly honest, I really truly thought he was kidding...I thought when the baby finally came (and it was a girl) they would call me and coyly say, "We were joking!!! We were always going to call her Kelli, but we wanted to surprise her namesake!! We can't wait until you meet lil Kelli Ann!!!" But they didn't say that. They called her Grace Ann. Whatever. I've never known anyone cool named Grace, have you?? I told my sister everyone must really like that name because there are at least four Graces in Elizabeth's class alone.

I bet Grace Ann suffers from colic...what a shame that would be!!!

Comments:
The only Good Grace is that which is said before each meal! Cry away Grace Ann, CRY LOUDLY!!!!
 
Grace Kelly! They could have compromised, Meg did not step up to the plate!
 
Grace is a fabulous middle name - or so we think so in our house. Kelli Grace would have sounded lovely.
 
For all those SW readers...I did want to name her Kelli, this is true, however, after reading this blog I am so glad I listened to Harry John. SW has 2 girls and neither are named after their dear Aunt Meggy! When SW gives birth for the 3rd time and names her after me then maybe I will pop out #5 and call her Kelli. Until then...ZIP IT! And by the way, Grace is an angel and sleeps longer through the night than SW 11 month old!
 
Enjoy it Aunt Meggy.
But remember, Regan Teresa MacNeil was an angel...until she turned thirteen!
 
i'm glad meg did not name baby after her sister. it will give Grace a blank canvas to be whoever she desires to be.
 
The French stink! And they surrender to everyone!
 
FYI, Mr. SW, Mary Cassatt hails from the Iron City ... Pittsburgh, PA. Did you sleep through Art Appreciation 101?
 
Mush, I thought the only art taught at Radford was the Art of Beer Bongs and the Art Sliding Out of a Strangers Bed in the Morning?
 
When is the next post? Surely you can't be as busy as Aunt Meggy? I mean, your lovely child is almost one...so what's the delay?
 
You are all sick people.
HJ
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?