Friday, October 28, 2005

 

The Rolling Bones


The Rolling Stones performed in our town recently. Now, I enjoy the Stones' MUSIC, but as for the geriatrics that make up the band...uh, not so much.

First off, Mick Jagger. Mick Jagger...sexy? He's vile...his sixty year old body slithering around in spandex?!! His face looks like an old raisin to me. Could someone explain what is attractive about this man? If you find Mick cute, did you also have a thing for Hume Cronyn? And his age has nothing to do with it...he was just as repulsive when he was in his twenties. Granted, I'll give him credit for being able to move like that at his age. I mean, he's basically the same age as my mother...and she recently gave up taking baths because "it's just too hard getting in and out of the bathtub...".

Keith Richards. He kills me. He looks like he's been run over by a bus at least ten times. And have you ever really looked at his hands (photo above)?!? How this man can boil water nevertheless strum a guitar with those fingers is beyond me. My ninety year old grandmother's hands looked better than that...and she was forced to move into an assisted living facility because she couldn't open doors anymore.

The other two band members? Whatever...(Although the guy on the left reminds me of someone's creepy uncle...someone I would be sure to keep at a distance from my children).

But the Stones keep on makin music and entertaining us. AARP should be proud!

Comments:
Yes SW you are correct that the Stones have not aged well (living proof that good livin' pays off.) However I recently picked up (well checked out of the library being the geek that I am) their cd 40 Licks. An anthology I'd guess you call it of their music. Goes way back to early years up to the somewhat present. Their music really is timeless. Anyhoo lotsa pics of these geriatrics when they were really young and I must say that Mick did have that "it" quality. He really was rather fetching and innocent as were some of the other members. Believe it or not. But the attraction stops there - in the early years. Ok now I must disclose that this is coming from someone who thinks that Tommy Lee is also hot in that trainwreckcan'tlookbutmustanyway type of rockstar way. There you have it my two cents for whoever wants it. And very impressed SW that you have such a current pop-culturish blog this time around and not one that centers on anyone hairy or loud or named Irene.
A(musicloverRollingStonecriticwannabe) Jane
 
I hear their warm-up act is Wilford Brimley.
-Irene
 
Guess your cable is working again and you are watching VH1 or something. I'm an idle Stones fan. Change of subject, thanks to Jane for mentioning a real REBEL, Tommy Lee. LOVE HIM! Hot Hot Hottie! Tommyland's "Good Times" is GREAT. MUSH
 
Now we all know a little bit more about MUSH. A Heather Lockleer Wanna-Be? I think she's ready to plug in a Black Sabbath, Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, White Snake or Poison CD. A big hair production for all!!!! Rock on, babeee, Rock on!!!!!!!
 
Only in America can you "Tour" at age 60+ and get as AARP rate at the local Four Seasons.
 
If Officer Krupke is still craving some prunes, maybe he should take in a Stones' concert.
 
No prunes, thanks! The only thing good about a Rolling Stones concert is that all of the concert goers will be in bed by 10 pm. They should take a lesson from The Boss...now that's a real concert!!!
 
Right on Mush! Tommyland is great! Love it. You rock. At least we know some "cool people" read Suburban Warrior. A Jane
 
Irene here, announcing a big move! I have myself my very own blog, so what do you say you blow this snooze-fest and come join the party? It's Irene's Scene, where the mood is right and the conversation is light. That's irenesscene.blogspot.com
 
THANK GOD! Run, don't walk, to Irene's site.
 
Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way, I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. (on and on) IRENE!!!! Congratulations on your new blog and Godspeed. However, dear, please be gracious and thankful to SW as you launch your new site. It was here, at SW, that you got your start. Please, come back to Earth. MUSH
 
What is the point of a blog if SW doesn't have time to keep it fresh and interesting. I'd like to hear what SW thinks about something important like...reality tv. I have kiddos too -- Miss Kitty looks forward to SW as an escape from my 3 little darlings. I'm checking out Irene's Scene.
 
Evidently, one of Irene's readers is unhappy she hasn't blogged for 24 hours. Since most, if not all, of Irene's following must be current or former SW devotees, it's hard to imagine frustration before a 3-4 week lapse. Isn't "The Rolling Bones" over a week old?
 
I'm his true and only love. Nothing like riding on someone elses coattails????????
 
Kelli it’s been far too long
You have really done us wrong.
Give it up and leave the scene
Send your readers to Irene.
 
Hey Warrior, Guess what??? I thought I heard something very LOUD coming down I-95? Is it...could it...say it isn't...oh nooooooo!!!!!
 
SW does not live here anymore. Is there a forwarding address?
 
Yes, Irene's Scene - it's very entertaining.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?