Saturday, July 30, 2005

 

Rehoboth Beach

Enough about Irene and her poor pathetic dots...she is what she is. Adieu...

Anyhoo...I'm at the beach in Delaware with my lovely daughter and the parental units. As usual, when I'm at the beach, it's raining YET AGAIN!!! Are the rain gods trying to tell me something?? Maybe along the lines of "Cover your fat self as you have no business being in a bathing suit".

Being at the beach in bad weather is not fun, especially with a six year old and two senior citizens (although these two age groups are
suprisingly similar! I am catching up on my sleep, as all of them are under their covers by 8:30 every night). My parents want to be involved with my daughter in activities, but they don't seem to grasp the idea that going to the "Club" for drinks is not Elizabeth's idea of fun. However, you've never laughed until you've seen my daughter and mother, after two strong gin and tonics, play Chutes and Ladders. I don't know how many times Elizabeth has to explain to my mother you GO UP THE LADDERS and DOWN THE SLIDES!! Not to mention, for some odd reason, my mother always insists on being the African American girl with dreadlocks...

We head home tomorrow...where I'm sure the sun will be shining!

Comments:
Sounds like a real blast of a vacation...I bet you will need to take it easy the next few days.
 
A blast? You're kidding! Sounds like a round of shuffle board would have been considered being rebels in a coma. Kelli, Kelli, Kelli ... we all know you're a blast and great fun to be around. Bug off the senior citizen vacations. Next time rent "Cocoon" for your folks while you and your daughter slip out for some real fun. MUSH
 
Adieu, adieu sweet Irene...I'll see you in my dreams.
 
It's quiet here without Irene. She is missed.
- a fan
 
Does anyone know if Irene has a blog?
 
Irene needs to stop posting anonymous comments...we know it's her!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?