Thursday, July 14, 2005

 

Dennis the Menace!

I always hated the name "Dennis".

When I was a kid, I did not enjoy the TV program "Dennis the Menace" like the other children. Even though Dennis supposedly represented my peer group and I was to feel some type of kinship with him, I wanted to slap him silly. Granted, Dennis was physically attractive, but the minute he opened his mouth and his high pitched voice screeched his signature "Heeeeyy Mr. Wilson..." he lost me. I much preferred the grumpy Mr. Wilson to faggy Dennis (come to think of it, as I get older, I find this Mr. Wilson , NOT this Mr. Wilson, somewhat attractive...you know...in a "come hither and let me spank you" kind of way...). If that kid was my neighbor...oye!!

Anyhoo, thirty years later, another Dennis is annoying me. We are on our third day of rain in North Carolina, thanks to the remnants of Hurricane Dennis. Not fun when you are vacationing with fifteen, yes, let me repeat that...FIFTEEN children!! All under the age of ten! (Here's a mathmatical equation for you: vacation + children=oxymoron) Where did we put the vodka?? Oh yeah, down our throats.

We leave tomorrow...paler than when we arrived (yes, I shaved my big toes for nothing!). The forecast calls for Dennis to continue to swirl around Emerald Isle for the next few days...then the arrival of Hurricane Emily!

I can only hope one of these powerful storms scoops up Jay North in it's path of destruction.

Comments:
Here's a thought--While enduring a rainy vacation with 15 kids, maybe you're putting the vodka down the wrong throats. A jigger per child every 4 hours should keep the noise level down. Dr. Spock, MD
 
Hey--You back? You hungover? You sporting less hair than when you left? Whaaat's up?
 
What you talkin' 'bout Warrior?! How do you make the time to keep up on all of your childhood stars? Maybe if you're lucky, Emily will pick up Adam Rich along the way!!!!
 
yeah.. informative post :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?