Friday, June 10, 2005

 

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Well, their movie is finally in the theaters today.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. What can I say? I would love to have her body and his...well, I'll take anything of his. However, I do believe Ms. Jolie is one freaky cookie. I don't get her...with her blood vials, makeout sessions with her brother, tattoos, multiple sex partners, etc. Hmmm, I guess she left those character traits off her adoption request forms...Speaking of that, what's with her kid, Maddox?? A mohawk on a child? Also, does that kid have legs? In every frickin picture of him in the tabloids Angelina is holding/carrying him!!! Isn't he like 5 years old now?? Lazy ass celebrity kid.

Brad...Brad...Yeah, he's fairly yummy and I did stay up later than usual to watch him with Diane Sawyer on Primetime Live the other night. B O R I N G!!! I want to refrain from commenting on Jesus, oops I mean Brad, walking among the children of Africa because this is not a political blog. I did learn some things by watching the show, but it would have been more interesting if Brad had taken off his clothes while interacting with the poor (or at least his shirt! Truthfully, I hear it is HOT in Africa). Brad succeeded in making me feel like crappola for actually having a roof over my head while these poor children in Africa had nothing (Brad must have forgotten that he recently simply "handed over" the keys to his $20 million mansion to sweet Jenny Aniston so they could all quickly "get on with their lives"). As Brad was explaining how far my $1 could go in purchasing milk/food for these children in Africa, I kept thinking about how many huts, cows, and hospitals could be built with his $20 million!!

So, it looks like Brad wants to follow in Angelina's footsteps and become a UN Goodwill Ambassador...that's nice. I am so glad the world has people like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt to take the place of Mother Theresa.

Comments:
Reality check! I think Mr. Pitt needs another "Seven Years in Tibet."
 
Not sure how you can mention Hollywood personalities in the same paragraph as Mother Teresa. Mother Teresa rocked and set the best example of helping the poorest of the poor. MUSH
 
Why don't these interviewers (like Diane Sawyer, Oprah, etc.) ever ask the exact questions that Suburban Warrior is asking? I would have loved to hear Brad's answer if Diane Sawyer had asked him, "Tell me Brad, exactly how far would the $20 million, the cost of your mansion, go towards feeding and supplying much needed medicine and shelter to the poor in Africa?" After he answered that, her second question should be, "How do you feel about spending $20 million on a massive, luxurious mansion for two people to live in, when you know and have seen first hand the starving, dying children in Africa? Do you feel like a schmuck?"

I still think someone like Howard Stern should do those types of interviews! At least he would be brutally honest with them. Now there is the perfect person to interview Michael "Pedifile" Jackson!
 
I never see any of these "ambassadors" stuffing wads of cash into the hands of those starving children.
 
Anonymous: the correct spelling is "pedophile". MUSH
 
Irene here, and I agree! Brad should definitely put his mouth where my mouth is. Oops. Freudian slip. I meant he should put his money where his mouth is.
-Irene
 
Irene: LOL. MUSH

P.S. I've stopped using hyphens because Suburban Warrior disdains them. It's dot dot dot that she prefers.
 
Hey Mush: ---------SW
 
I'd really rather have celebs who are actually doing something rather than, say, Paris Hilton who actually wore and advocated Vote or Die and then didn't vote. And hate to break it to you but, it's going to take more than Jolie and Pitt's meager fortunes (look at it from the country scale) to help those people. 20 mil doesn't go far when you have that many to feed, and give medical attention to.

As far as the Mother Teresa reference, there are plenty of celebs to leave cushy lives to advocate for the poor, Remember St. Francis of Assisi, St. Agustine, or if you need a superstar: the Apostle Matthew. All of whom were rich socialites.
 
I am boycotting the movie... not b/c of the whole hypocritical money thing but for far better worldly reasons, i.e., I don't like what he did to Jen, which wrecked my idea of the perfect marriage
 
Ah, the liberal elite. I thought that most of hollywood were pro gun control. Funny how they use those machines when they feel the need to make a buck, or 20 million bucks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?