Tuesday, May 03, 2005

 

Talking/Spelling Radar Detector

Elizabeth has cut back on her spelling requests in the car, but now she's on to something more annoying.

Apparently, some fool explained the concept of the speedometer to her...and now Elizabeth has deputized herself to keep the roads safer. She's constantly twisting and straining in her car seat so she can peer over my shoulder and keep tabs on how fast I'm driving.

E: "Mom, I can't see the speedy thing"

M: "Sit back Elizabeth, you don't need to concern yourself with the speedy thing"

E: "Well, the sign says 35 and you're on the number 50"

Oops, I slow down...

M: "You can go a little faster than the number says on the sign, but not too much faster, honey."

E: "hmmm"

E: "MOM, SLOW DOWN!!! YOU'RE ON THE NUMBER 40!!!"

M: "Elizabeth, sit back and stop screaming in my ear! Mommy is following the law."

E: "I don't think so. I am telling Dad."

Oh, I can't wait until she drives with her father.

Comments:
Where was that helpful backseat driver the day you put the car in reverse instead of drive?!? -Irene
 
Turnabout is fair play. When she's learning to drive, sit in the backseat and yell at her and scream in her ear. It'll drive her crazy. Payback is hell...
 
IRENE ---- Good one! LOL
 
Sounds like Daisy Duke needs to paint her Van like the General Lee! A-gu-gu-gu!!
 
Sounds like Daisy Duke needs to paint her van like the General Lee! A-gu-gu-gu!!
 
I'm so glad Elizabeth is learning at such a young age to advise drivers of excessive speed and poor driving habits! At 29, I still torture the entire Brennan clan and Jeremy, pointing out all driving infractions by yelling VIOLATION in a high-pitched and irritating voice.
Sarah
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?