Monday, May 02, 2005

 

Dating

I am so glad I am already married and don't have to do the dating scene. However, if I was still dating, this blog would be much funnier...as I dated some characters (remind me later to tell you about the homosexual cadet from the Naval Academy and the car salesman).

Anyhoo, my good friend (lets call her "Jane") went on her first date since her marriage broke up and she says she has a great story. Basically, the guy was an ass. She promises to send me the details to share with my readers...so hopefully we will be hearing from Jane in the near future. Jane's story got me thinking...(do I sound like Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City?). What type of dater would I be now that I am pushing forty years old?? What would I do differently now as opposed to what I did when I was in my twenties, if anything? (Boy, if those guys thought I was a bitch back then...they should see me now! And I don't want any comments from my husband or HARRY JOHN after this post.) After I thought about this scenario for a few minutes, I came to the conclusion that I would probably die alone. Who needs it? Hope I didn't depress Jane...

But wait, then I had a happy thought...I must have done everything right the first time because look what I got...my husband is the best!

You can all go throw up now.

Comments:
You dated a "don't ask don't tell" midshipmen? Details please. And a car salesman? Was his name Gerry? "Gerry's Ford makes it clear, let the competition beware." So your dedicated husband did not heed Gerry's advice? Poor guy.
 
I'm with ya Kelli! I don't think I would EVER want to jump back into the dating thing. Comfort has its rewards...
 
Sigh...I wish I WAS done with the stupid dating thing...
 
I will go and throw up now...by the way, your husband isn't all that!! Just kidding!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?