Wednesday, May 11, 2005

 

Choosing Your Words Carefully

First things first, I don't have the energy to comment on Michael Jackson today, but I will...I promise.

Well, it's begun. Elizabeth has commenced asking the tricky questions. Not about sex, yet, but we're heading down that road, sort of...

Today, we were shopping and I quickly threw a box of tampons in the cart. Usually, Elizabeth pays no attention to items not covered in frosting, sugar or chocolate. But today, ole Eagle Eyes spotted those tampons and asked, "what do those taste like?". Oh boy...how do I get out of this? I acted like something delectable caught my eye on the shelf and simply muttered, "it's not food, honey". Do you think she was going to let it go at that? Not a chance. "Well, then what's it for?", she continued. Think, Kelli, think! "It's stuff for Mommy", I replied. "What kind of stuff?", she persevered. Damn it. Do I just put it out there and say, "well, honey, you insert it in your vagina to stop your menstrual flow" and let her mull that over???? I would love to see how Elizabeth would respond to that...but no...I think not...I better wait until at least her sixth birthday...As with most things with Elizabeth, if you're quiet long enough, Elizabeth will answer her own questions...and thankfully, she didn't fail me now!!! Elizabeth answered her own tampon question with the following, "Oh, I know what those are...those are those straws you keep in your bathroom cabinet".

Exactly.

Comments:
Well, well, I'd like to know what type of drink you use for the straws - bloody mary's??
 
Please. Don't you know the suburban warrior? She'd be serving Virgin Marys with those straws. I think you should have told Elizabeth that tampons are satan's cotton fingers. -Irene
 
What about the funny looking ballons in Mr. Subbuban Warrior's night stand?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?