Tuesday, April 05, 2005

 

What Do You Do When You Find A "Treasure"?

I only bring this rather crude question up because I experience the following situation at least 3 times a week.

Let me give you the scenario: I am in a public place when I feel the need to use the facilities (Dames room). Since I have absolutely no sense of direction, I usually have to walk completely AROUND the entire store 2 times before I even locate the bathroom. Once at my destination, I open a stall door...only to find...how can I put this delicately...a big bowl of turd. I quickly move to the next stall and find another toilet someone forgot to flush, then the next stall has a toilet seat with some pee pee remnants...lovely. Well, other women are now entering the bathroom and going through the same drill I just finished...opening stall doors, only to mutter "eww" after finding the turd, unflushed toilet, pee pee seat, etc. These baffled women are beginning to bunch up near the sinks...glancing at each other and silently all wondering "what should we do??". There is only one stall left at the end of the row so I grab it! When I'm finished, I exit my stall and see there is a line 7 women deep waiting for my stall...the first three stalls remain unoccupied...they are taboo.

My question is, why do we women not just enter one of those stalls and FLUSH THE DAMN TOILET?? What are we afraid of? Someone needs to be brave, step forward, enter the stall and flush the damn thing so we can all get on with our lives!

So, the next time you come across a "treasure" in a stall, be the bigger person and step up to the plate and FLUSH...that way I don't have to do the dirty work.

Comments:
I often find "treasures" at work which really baffles me. 1. Everyone that works there is an adult - hello, we all know to flush. 2. Our toilets flush automatically - or at least are supposed to. Like you, I tend to pass up the "treasured" stall - if they can't be adult to flush themselves I'm not doing their dirty work!
 
Just this week, I found myself in this same kind of predicament. At a bathroom at Disney World, I waited in line for 10 minutes to pee. I go into the only free stall only to find that the person before me left a "treasure". The toilets at Disney are supposed to be automatic, but I guess they do not always work. I had to use this particular toilet, so I did that little dance to get the toilet to flush, and after about 5 minutes of doing the Tango around the commode, it finally flushed. So, I peed, only to have to do another dance around the pot to get it to flush. This time, I varied it a little, though, and did a waltz.
 
So refreshing not to see anymore offensive language.
 
atesenf- perhaps those peoeple don;t want ot be a double flusher b/c they know that if they flush a second time, all the people waiting would be thinking "she just took such a huge dump thatit would not go down the toilet". atelast if it is left unflushed, the offender can run out of the restroom before the next person goes in and sees it.
 
You know, I have TOILET ETIQUETTE! Do let me share (in case you run into a similar situation)... One time I was staying the w/e with my b-f and got up in the wee hours of the morning to "do my thang". I had been holding it in all w/e so it was rather hard and large with a girth the size of a pringles can (a real butt-buster if you will). For the life of me, the big huge dunglog would NOT go down the bowl, despite multiple flushes. So being the creative problem solver, I went and got myself a "quicker picker upper" (ie Bounty) and reached in and grabbed the thing and went outside and threw it in the trash. IT then occurred to me that the dog might be enticed to go through the trash to get to my homemade BabyRuth. And what was I to say if my BF walked out and saw a very obviously human produced feces-rod laying in his yard!!!!!!!!

I think I will remain anonymous on this one...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?