Wednesday, April 13, 2005

 

Look Out Picasso!

I am actually involved in something domestic this week!!

We have lived in our current home for roughly 4 1/2 years and less than half of the walls have color on them (and those were all painted by the mister). Recently, the mister has been so very busy with his work...so if I want to get rid of our current "asylum" look, I must resort to manual labor myself and do the painting. So, Suburban Warrior is taking the bull by the horns, rolling up her sleeves, putting Elizabeth in front of the TV, and gettin to work!

First off, picking the paint. I can handle that. Well, I thought I could, but I made the fatal mistake of bringing Elizabeth with me...'nuff said...Elizabeth picked out a lovely shade of crocus for her bathroom. However, I have my doubts as to the color we actually took home, as I didn't have the utmost confidence in the paint clerk, Sameed. Sameed didn't seem to understand English very well...when I gave him my little paint sample and requested it in a semigloss, Sameed smiled broadly and said, "basketball". Hmmm...crocus...basketball...its all the same. Sameed looked like a mad scientist as he worked the paint mixer...as he squirted little bits of different colors into my half gallon jug, Sameed truly looked like he was taking his best guess as to what would magically create "crocus". But I know that Big K only hires the best to dispense its Martha Stewart paints...so I'm sure there was a method to Sameed's madness...

Anyhoo...I'm about ready to get started with my prep work (FYI: Paul insists prep work is the most important part of a good paint job!). I wish I could still fit into my 8th grade painter's pants...

Comments:
As long as Sameed didn't mix in any fertilizer, you should be OK. I would put on your Kevlar vest when you open the lid...just to be safe.
 
You better watch out, I hear Martha Stewart is looking for "domestic divas" for her new show! I just migght send them your name!! ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?