Thursday, March 17, 2005

 

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

O'Connell was staggering home with a pint of booze in his back pocket when he slipped and fell heavily. Struggling to his feet, he felt something wet running down his leg. "Please, God," he implored, "let it be blood!"

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all my readers!! This holiday is a big day in our home, as my family is composed of Higgins, Flynns, Brennans, McHughs, etc. Unfortunately, I married a Kraut so I have to work hard today to show my true heritage (my father-in-law has some Irish blood, so they can't be all bad...). I do draw the line at making cornbeef and cabbage...PEEE UUUU!! That stuff stinks up the house! Actually, I should be honest...I draw the line at cooking most things...However, we are having some friends over for Appletinis, beer, and Irish desserts.

My husband even took the day off to be with his Irish maid (his pet name for moi). Over breakfast, he reminisced about St. Pat's Day during his childhood. Allegedly, his mother made either a shamrock cake or a leprechaun cake and decorated it with her homemade green icing. I just stared at him...then I said, "I hope you're not expecting that". I mean does he NOT read my Suburban Warrior profile?? I hate all things domestic and that includes MAKING GREEN YUMMY TREATS ON ST. PATRICK'S DAY ...even if I am Irish. I told him to go pour himself a bowl of Lucky Charms.

Last year, I told Elizabeth the tradition of pinching anyone that isn't wearing green. As usual, that backfired and she was written up at school for disorderly conduct. THAT'S MY IRISH GIRL!! What a lass that one is going to be!

Aunt Meggy and Harry John really celebrate...they have babysitters lined up THROUGH SUNDAY!!!

Anyhoo...Kelli Eileen wishes all of you a very Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Comments:
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too! I do love pinching people who don't wear green but I'm in the military and we all wear green, all the time. Oh well...
 
Happy day after St. Patty's Day, From one Irish Lass to another! Hope you drank too much green beer and appletinis! :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?