Tuesday, March 15, 2005

 

Barely Surviving

Please excuse Suburban Warrior for having some lame posts recently...I've been ill with fever. So, this will be a short one, too.

Basically, I have aches, dull headache, slight fever and it feels like all my teeth are wearing tiny sweaters (you know...that yucky, sticky, sick taste that you get in your mouth when you're sick...). But I go on...because I am warrior.

I have spent the last two days on my couch in our family room or in my bed. Elizabeth has been very good at entertaining herself...although I admit she hit an all time high on straight computer play at 3 hours the other day (not all bad as she advanced about 6 levels in her Kim Possible game). However, I did catch her climbing the pantry shelves to get some Lucky Charms. It reminded me of when I was little and my older sister and I would get up early and try and sneak some cookies before our parents woke up. I was the "lookout" in the hallway and she was the actual thief who went to the kitchen to get the goods. After about 2 minutes, she would run past me and yell at me to hurry up and follow her. After we got back to our room and locked the door, I would say, "where are the cookies...how many did you get?" She would then lift up her nightgown and pull the cookies out of her UNDERPANTS!!! The sick part is we would eat them! E. Coli anyone? Oh, God...I just made myself nauseous again.

Comments:
Oh, I feel for you! I was sick last week with that exact thing. It's miserable. Feel better soon, I know nothing can keep a good warrior down for long!
 
I bet those cookies had a few extra "chocolate chips," if you know what I mean. May you conquer your illness with speed, great warrior. --Irene
 
So far all of your posts have been lame.
HJ
 
Please take note that Aunt Meggy was not the sister with the cookies in her underpants!!! Thank you.
 
I'm wondering...where did your sister put the milk?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?