Monday, February 07, 2005

 

Dead Tired

Ok, forget about what I said about those "stupid" Super Bowl squares!! I won I won I won!! Granted, only $100, but still every little bit helps Mommy. Gee, where should I spend it? Food Lion or Giant?? Good bye ground chuck, hello lean ground beef!! Ah, the life of the homemaker.

So, there we were enjoying our neighbors' Super Bowl party...when suddenly our daughter starts spitting, gasping, coughing, etc. She sounded like a cat trying to get out a hair ball. Under normal circumstances, I would have told her to pipe down and choke in another room, but our daughter has severe food allergies...so her actions put us on high alert (if you don't act quickly and give her an Epipen, it can be fatal). This all happened at the end of the 2nd quarter, so basically our family was the Halftime Entertainment. We quickly double checked all the food she had eaten and were fairly confident she had not eaten any offending food. Luckily we have wonderful neighbors who are very supportive and are very cautious with food around our daughter. Long story short...no Epipen was needed and my daughter is fine. However, we thought it best if we had a family Super Bowl slumber party to monitor her throughout the night. Yeah, well...I would have gotten more sleep on top of a pointed rock. I'm dead tired.

Comments:
Whatever are you going to do with your fortune?? From one mom to another, hoarde it, hide it, pretend you lost it. Then go get a pedicure, facial, buy and eat $100 worth of chocolate, whatever gets your mind of your troubles!

Love your writing, by the way!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?