Thursday, February 24, 2005

 

Cheapskate ToothFairy

Big excitement at our house in the last day...

Yesterday I was awakened with a blood curdling "MOOOOMMMMEEEEEEE!!!" I could hear the pitter patter of little feet running towards my bedroom door. Oh God, what now...? My eyes were still crusted shut with sleep, so I blindly searched for the tv remote and threw it in the direction of the feet and said, "watch some Dragon Tales and give Mommy a minute". Mother of the Year rides again. But when I looked up Elizabeth was standing next to my bed with a bloody mouth...great, now I HAVE to get up...It turns out she had lost her FIRST TOOTH!!! We had noticed it was a little loose a few days ago, but that was quick! We put the tooth in a ziploc bag, bloody roots and all!! Elizabeth insisted she take it to school to show her classmates. Snack time would be a good time to share...

Anyhoo...Elizabeth came home from school and informs us that her good friend, Kiki, told her the Toothfairy brought Kiki $10 when Kiki lost her first tooth!!! Hmmm, I do believe Kiki's Toothfairy needs to put down her crack pipe. Damn that Kiki! Well, after consulting with OZ (aka my husband), we put a one dollar piece under Elizabeth's pillow. She was thrilled...

Comments:
Good for you for not caving in to the demands of those who are obviously monetarily retarded (Kiki's parents, of course)! Max got $1 for each of his first 2 lost teeth, and luckily, he still has no real concept of the difference between $1 and $5. He was just thrilled to have the cash.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?